Turmeric –Frequently Asked Questions
About Turmeric – An Overview of the Golden Spice
What is Turmeric?
- Turmeric, otherwise called golden spice, has been used in preparations for over centuries and is perceived as a spice that has numerous medical properties.
- Turmeric, Curcuma longa, is member of ginger family and one of the main spices in curry, which is a blend of herbs commonly used in Indian and Asian cuisine.
Is curcumin same as turmeric?
- Curcumin is not same as turmeric.
- Curcumin is one of the key ingredients of turmeric, along with several others.
- Curcumin has the most scientific studies as an active ingredient and is thought to be responsible for most of turmeric’s health benefits.
What is the difference between Turmeric and Curcumin?
- Turmeric is the plant and curcumin is within the turmeric plant. Curcumin (made up of curcuminoids) is the active ingredient within the plant and makes up 2-6% of the plant. It offers amazing medicinal purposes for healing the body.
How much Curcumin Does Turmeric have?
- The % of curcumin varies based on where the plant is grown and conditions.
- The % of curcumin in turmeric generally is in the range of 2% to 6%.But it can be even higher in some cases.
Which is better for health – turmeric or curcumin?
- While curcumin is known as the most important health promoting ingredient of turmeric, many believe that you get better health benefits when you take turmeric as a whole herb instead of isolating curcumin. Thus, in most cases taking good quality turmeric is better than just taking curcumin.
What are typical side effects of turmeric?
- With modern science and testing methods we have been able to find a few more possible side effects. But let me start by saying that scientists after so many experiments and studies have found turmeric to be safe unless one takes it in excess.
FAQ’s about Turmetab
Who is the Manufacturer of the Product?
- Northfield Laboratories
Where is the Company Located?
- 9 Mt. Catarman St., Capistrano Complex, Gusa, Cagayan de Oro City
What is the Name of The Company?
- Evorganix Corporation
Is the Product FDA Approved?
- Yes – FR No. 140713
Why do we need to take Turmeric with Piperine?
- Turmeric is very poorly absorbed by the body due to rapid metabolism in the liver and intestinal wall. Scientists have discovered that taking turmeric with piperine, the active ingredient found in black pepper, may increase absorption by 2000%
What is the difference between taking Turmeric powder and Turmetab?
- Powdered turmeric that can be found in the market is usually made in combination with sugar or may contain other substances or contaminants.
Turmetab is made by a world-class manufacturer with the highest quality standards. We can guarantee each tablet of Turmetab is safe to take, contains uniform amount of turmeric and piperine in each tablets, and brings convenience to its users, time saver, no more stains, no more strong taste and odor.
Turmetab is quality that you can trust.
How often do I take Turmetab?
- As a dietary supplement, take 1 tablet or 2 times daily 15 minutes before meals with lukewarm water or coffee, or as directed by your Healthcare Professional.
Can I take turmeric during pregnancy and while breastfeeding?
- Turmetab is a natural supplement, not a drug. It is found that turmeric can even help with breastfeeding as it can help soothe the pain from a child’s feeding.
Should I stop Turmetab after I get well?
- Turmetab is a health promoter and you reap its real benefits when you take it everyday over long periods of time. It is not like medication which you need to stop.
- In fact taking turmeric daily will prevent you from various disorders by boosting immunity.
Does Turmetab have any side effects?
- There are no known side effects.
Turmetab and specific disorders
Can I take Turmetab if I have kidney / gall bladder stones?
- As we all know, kidney failure patients have many diet restriction and they cannot enjoy whatever they like. Turmeric has been used in both Ayuvedic and Chinese medicine, which turns out to be a good thing for health.
- Turmericmay contain substances that support kidney health, but the spice is also a source of potassium. One tablespoon of powder contains 56 milligrams of potassium. If you have kidney disease, you may need to limit the amount of potassium in your diet, which means limiting your intake of foods such as turmeric
Is turmeric safe to take for people with Kidney Failure?
- Almost all the kidney failure is caused by inflammation. Turmeric is a potent natural anti-inflammatory substance that works as well as anti-inflammatory drugs but without side effects.
- Turmeric contains powerful antioxidants, which neutralize the free radicals and reduce some of the damage they can cause. So eating turmeric helps stimulate the body’s immune system and keeps you away from aliments, such as cold and flu.
- Cardiovascular disease is a problem that troubles many kidney failure patients. Using turmeric as a food seasoning can reduce serum cholesterol levels, which can prevent many cardiovascular disease.
- Both kidney and liver have the function of detoxification. Turmeric is believed to increase production of enzymes in the liver and invigorate and improve blood circulation, which can support good liver health and reduce the burden on the kidneys.
- Turmeric is also helpful for people with kidney failure and diabetes. It is said that antioxidant agents in turmeric help reduce insulin resistance, which may help reduce sugar level.
However, just one tablespoon of turmeric has 6 mg of phosphorus and 56 mg of potassium. If your phosphorus and potassium level is above the normal level, you may have to restrict the intake of turmeric. Besides, turmeric might slow blood clotting, so taking turmeric along with medications that also slow clotting might increase the chances of bruising of bleeding.
Diet plays an important role in slowing down the progression of kidney failure. Therefore, you should pay attention to it.
Can I take turmetab if I have diabetes?
- Turmeric is known to help in diabetes in several ways. It is also known to help prevent it. Turmeric as a spice is very safe and millions of people take it.
- So in general the answer is YES.
- But a word of caution – turmeric is known to decrease blood glucose levels. Hence it should be avoided with diabetic medications which treat hyperglycemia, as together they can lower glucose levels drastically. However we always recommend that you consult with your physician before starting.
Can I take Turmetab when on blood thinners
- It is advised not to take turmetab along with blood thinners as turmeric is known to interact with them.
Will Turmetab interfere with any medications my doctor has prescribed to me?
- Turmetab has been formulated using only the purest natural Turmeric available. For the most part, there is no interference with any medications. We have many people who take a variety of medications who have used Turmeric safely with great results. However we always recommend that you consult with your physician before starting.